1. Soak shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 30 mins
2. Finely chop the onion, garlic cloves, mushrooms and lettuce/kale leaves
3. Stir fry onions, garlic and mushrooms until onions turn translucent
4. Add in the crumbled tofu and fry to remove excess water
5. Add chopped lettuce/kale leaves and stir fry until excess liquid has evaporated
6. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, wine, salt and pepper
7. Remove from heat and add the eggs. Stir vigorously until half cooked
8. Using a bowl of water, wet the entire edge of a gyoza wrapper
9. Take 1 tbsp of filling and add it to the center of the wrapper before folding the gyoza
10. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan and heat
11. Once the pan is hot (on med-high heat), place the gyozas in a circular ‘flower’ pattern
12. Place a lid and allow the gyozas to steam for a few minutes.
13. Lift the lid when the 90% of the water has evaporated and cook till fully evaporated
14. Serve with black vinegar and cut ginger!
Sek Fan! 😋